Monday, March 30, 2009

"The Rounds," March 30, 2008

This actually isn’t old news, as I received a phone call from Bear about it a little after 5:00 P.M. this past Saturday afternoon, i.e., just over two days ago. And yhes, it’s more unhappy news.

B. K. Hubbard of Pattaya, a.k.a. “Hub,” passed away about 45 minutes before Bear called me; he had just received the call, and called me from his new base up in Surin to help start spreading the word down this way. Though I have initial info concerning the funeral, that has yet to be confirmed, but it should be by tomorrow. I’ll post it here once I have the information.

It’s particularly sad that Hub died just two or three weeks after he lost his daughter. But Hub’s passing wasn’t entirely unexpected, as he had had serious health issues for awhile, though it was sudden.

As far as John Grovenor is concerned, I’ve had no further information since my last update here Friday. By the way, I sent out an update alert on my third-party service Friday, but I think that must not have got sent, as there was only one more visitor to this blog after I sent it — and my list numbers in the hundreds.

So, I’ve decided to use Twitter as well, a service for which I signed up well over a year ago but then never did anything with. You have to join (free) to become a “follower,” which you do by going to my Twitter site at then click the “Follow” button you see there. It’s at this URL:

http://twitter.com/MekhongKurt

Though I havenn’t explored how to receive “tweets,” as the short messages the service allows me to send are called, on cell phones, it’s possible. So, if you want to receive update alerts from me on your mobile phone. set up your account to receive my alerts. NOTE: Be asware that many carriers charge YOU to receive messages, so you may not wish to do this.

Sigh . . .

No comments: